Puppy chow with peanut butter, chocolate, Chex, and powdered sugar is one of the most fun sweet treats ever, and it comes together quickly for a crunchy dessert, easy goody bag, or delicious after-school snack!
- 6 cups rice Chex cereal
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- In a large bowl, add the Chex cereal and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add the chocolate chips, butter, and peanut butter. Microwave on high in 30-second intervals, stirring after each interval. Do this until the mixture is fully melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate mixture over the cereal, and mix well to combine.
- Add the powdered sugar to a large (1 or 2 gallon size) zipper-topped bag.
- Add the chocolate coated cereal to the bag, seal the top, and toss to combine well.
- Spread the coated cereal out on a cookie sheet until the chocolate has set, about 15 minutes.
- You can use salted or unsalted butter in this recipe — it doesn’t matter which one.
- I didn’t have great luck using natural peanut butter for this recipe, it seemed to get grainy when heated.
- You can use a double-boiler method to melt the chocolate instead of the microwave if you wish.
- Category: dessert
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chex mix, puppy chow recipe, muddy buddy recipe, muddy buddies, no bake dessert, dessert, easy dessert, chocolate