Pumpkin pie is a classic holiday dessert staple that is super easy to make at home for your loved ones and has all the warming, sweet, lovely layers of flavor you love in pumpkin pie!
- 1 single pie crust
- 2 cups pumpkin puree (15 ounce can)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch cloves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup milk (I used 2%)
- Whipped cream, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Roll out the pie crust if it isn’t in the pie shell yet. Add it to a deep dish 9-inch pie plate, and trim and crimp the edges.
- In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin puree, sugar, and brown sugar.
- Beat in the eggs.
- Add the cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, salt, and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Add the cream and milk, and stir well.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into the prepared pie pan.
- Bake the pie for 10 minutes. Without removing the pie or opening the oven, reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F., and bake for an additional 45 to 55 minutes, or until the pie is set and the top is golden.
- Remove from the oven, and let the pie cool for 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with sweetened whipped cream.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 55 min
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin pie, pumpkin pie recipe, easy pumpkin pie, pumpkin pie without canned milk, pumpkin pie with cream, pumpkin pie with eggs