These Pumpkin Caramel Spice Waffles with Caramel Maple Syrup are everything their name implies and more. An easy homemade waffle recipe that is SO good.
- 1/2 cup plus 3 Tbsp. Marzetti® Old Fashioned Caramel Dip
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 2 cups dry pancake mix
- 1 tsp. ground pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
For the syrup:
- Combine 1/2 cup of the caramel dip, the maple syrup, and the apple cider in a small saucepan. Whisk together over medium heat until the mixture comes together and is heated through. Set aside.
For the waffles:
- In a large mixing bowl combine the dry pancake mix and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk to combine. In a medium bowl add the remaining 3 tablespoons of caramel dip, the pumpkin puree, oil and eggs. Whisk to combine. Add the milk and stir together. Add the pumpkin mixture to the pancake mix and stir together until just incorporated. Prepare the waffles according to the manufacturer's instructions on your waffle iron.
- Serve hot waffles with warm caramel maple syrup over the top and a sprinkling of toasted pecans.
The syrup was a BIG hit at our house. Next time I will double the syrup recipe for the same amount of pancakes because we ran out.
I don't keep pancake mixes from the store on hand. I just whip up a homemade pancake mix and keep it in a mason jar. You can find the homemade pancake mix recipe here.
My pancake mix uses whole wheat flour. If you are going to use a whole grain pancake mix then you'll need to add about another 1/4 cup of milk to the recipe.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Waffle Maker
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: Serves 4-6
Keywords: caramel syrup, pumpkin waffle recipe, easy waffles, best waffle recipe, recipes for fall, homemade waffles, how to make waffles