This Pumpkin Caramel Spice Waffles with Caramel Maple Syrup recipe is the perfect breakfast recipe for fall. They are everything their name implies and more! An easy homemade waffle recipe that is SO good, you’ll want to make it year round.
If you love pumpkin waffles be sure to also try these healthy Whole Wheat Pumpkin Waffles. This Classic Waffle Recipe is another great recipe for fall because you can literally add anything you want to it! Try it with this yummy Blueberry Topping recipe or just sprinkle some crunchy pecans on top.
Best Pumpkin Waffle Recipe For Fall
Fall is in the air and I can think of nothing better than a cool Saturday morning munching on these decadent waffles. It seems like fall is the true beginning of the holiday season because there is always something fun to do. Weekend plans like apple picking, pie making, going to the pumpkin patch, or taking long Sunday drives to go “leaf hunting” happen with as much joy and excitement as all the holidays that follow. If I know that we are going to do something fun that day I like to start the day off right, and in this house, that means a special breakfast. I cook a hot breakfast more days than not, even during the week, so eggs and toast are old news. If I want to make something special it has to be extra good, a little fancy, and probably sweet.
These waffles were just what the weekend ordered. When I’m looking for a real weekend treat I generally find myself looking for a new recipe. I really like trying new recipes which means the fun starts early in the day for me when I’m trying a new recipe for breakfast. I’m always looking for new places to find inspiration and a new one I’ve found. Let me introduce you to Marzetti KitchensSM. I received an email a few weeks ago about a chance to introduce you all to Marzetti Kitchens and I took a minute to jump onto their site and poke around. I really liked what I saw and so I applied for the gig. Lucky for me (and for you) they accepted my application and now I’m getting paid to tell you all about their website and to post a recipe from it. Awesome right?! I pinned this recipe from their site and was planning on making it long before I knew that I’d be working with them, so imagine how excited I am to be getting a little compensation for my work. This is the blogging dream!
How to look for recipes you’ll actually use
Now back to that website… Marzetti Kitchens is set up a lot like Pinterest and Foodgawker mixed together, but what I liked most were their search options. The search tool is really, really good and helps get the info you want fast. I tend to look for recipes based either on what I have on hand or by what sounds good. I just popped on their site and searched pumpkin, because who isn’t craving pumpkin, and I found today’s recipe. I also searched quinoa because I’ve been wanting to try it more, egg rolls because they sounded good, and apples because I have a million growing on my trees. Once I started, I’d find a recipe and then see the “you might also like” at the bottom and then jump over to another recipe. Before I knew it I had a list of at least four recipes that were on my “make ASAP” list and a whole slew of others that I pinned because I knew I’d think of and want later. Another thing I liked was the food pictures! One thing that makes me crazy is when a pin on Pinterest is all over the place and the picture is horrible… ugly food makes me cringe, regardless of how it tastes. If you are trying to sell a recipe or a product then your pictures need to be pretty, and pretty pictures is something that Marzetti Kitchens has down (good job guys!).
Now that you have a new source of mealtime inspiration and a delicious dish to whip up to start the weekend off right, where will you head off to? Hiking? Pumpkin patch? Leaf hunting? The possibilities are endless!
These Pumpkin Caramel Spice Waffles with Caramel Maple Syrup are everything their name implies and more. An easy homemade waffle recipe that is SO good.
- 1/2 cup plus 3 Tbsp. Marzetti® Old Fashioned Caramel Dip
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 2 cups dry pancake mix
- 1 tsp. ground pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
For the syrup:
- Combine 1/2 cup of the caramel dip, the maple syrup, and the apple cider in a small saucepan. Whisk together over medium heat until the mixture comes together and is heated through. Set aside.
For the waffles:
- In a large mixing bowl combine the dry pancake mix and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk to combine. In a medium bowl add the remaining 3 tablespoons of caramel dip, the pumpkin puree, oil and eggs. Whisk to combine. Add the milk and stir together. Add the pumpkin mixture to the pancake mix and stir together until just incorporated. Prepare the waffles according to the manufacturer’s instructions on your waffle iron.
- Serve hot waffles with warm caramel maple syrup over the top and a sprinkling of toasted pecans.
The syrup was a BIG hit at our house. Next time I will double the syrup recipe for the same amount of pancakes because we ran out.
I don’t keep pancake mixes from the store on hand. I just whip up a homemade pancake mix and keep it in a mason jar. You can find the homemade pancake mix recipe here.
My pancake mix uses whole wheat flour. If you are going to use a whole grain pancake mix then you’ll need to add about another 1/4 cup of milk to the recipe.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Waffle Maker
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: Serves 4-6
Keywords: caramel syrup, pumpkin waffle recipe, easy waffles, best waffle recipe, recipes for fall, homemade waffles, how to make waffles
Want To Save This Recipe?
What else can you use caramel maple syrup for?
And guys, even if waffles aren’t your thing you’ve got to find something to drown in this syrup. It’s sssooo good! Just look at it. I drizzled a little on oatmeal with cooked apples in it plus a dash of cinnamon and I swear I was eating caramel apple oatmeal.
Those really were just as tasty as they looked and I hope you enjoyed them! Go take a look at the Marzetti Kitchens website and write in the comments below which recipe you want to try. You could win a $100 Visa Gift Card!
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with who do not have Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
Be sure to visit the Marzetti Kitchens Brand Page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ reviews and discover more chances to win!