Classic vanilla pound cake is always a good idea. It is soft, sweet, and perfectly moist.
- 1 ½ cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 16 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and hot
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Grease loaf pan with butter then dust with flour to coat bottom and sides of the pan. Dump out any excess flour.
- Process sugar,eggs, and vanilla together in a food processor until combined, about 10 seconds.
- With the food processor running, add hot melted butter in a steady stream until incorporated.
- Pour mixture into a large bowl.
- Sift flour into the egg mixture, in three additions. Whisk to combine flour and egg mixture after each addition, until just a few streaks of flour remain. Whisk the batter gently until almost no lumps remain.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan, smooth the top of the batter, and gently tap the pan on the counter to settle the batter.
- Bake the cake for about 50 minutes ( if 8 ½ by 4 ½ inch loaf pan) or 45 minutes (if 9 by 5 inch loaf pan), rotating pan halfway through baking. The cake is done when the toothpick comes out clean after being inserted in the center.
- Let cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes. After removing from pan, let it cool completely.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 172
- Sugar: 25g
- Sodium: 117.8mg
- Fat: .2g
- Carbohydrates: 41.5g
- Protein: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 0mg