How to cook Pork Tenderloin for Tacos in the Crock-Pot! Moist, super flavorful meat, with only 5 minutes of hands-on time and 4 hours of cooking.
- 1 pork tenderloin (1.5 to 2 pounds)
- 3 teaspoons homemade taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water or broth
- Remove the pork tenderloin from the package, and place it on a cutting board.
- In a small bowl, combine the salt and the taco seasoning.
- Rub your spice mixture all over the tenderloin, and then place it in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Add the water or chicken stock to the bottom of the slow cooker (don’t pour it over the pork, though, so that you don’t wash off your spice rub).
- Add the lid, and cook on high for 4 to 5 hours, or until the tenderloin is easy to shred with a fork.
- Remove the pork from the Crock-Pot, and place it on a cutting board. Cut into 4 equal parts, and then shred with two forks.
- Return it to the slow cooker, and mix it with any liquid that might have remained in the bottom of the slow cooker. Adjust salt to taste.
- Serve hot in your favorite tacos, burritos, or on a salad or nachos.
- This recipe is really easy to scale up. You might need to cook it an hour longer or so, but it’s a great recipe to keep on hand when feeding a crowd.
- If you didn’t make the homemade taco seasoning and use store-bought, hold off on the additional salt. Commercial tends to be saltier than mine. Then, adjust the salt to taste after the pork tenderloin is shredded.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Crock Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pork, pork tenderloin, crock pot pork tenderloin, pork loin crock pot recipes, crock pot pork, easy pork tenderloin, slow cooker pork tenderloin, best pork tenderloin recipe