Pomegranate Mango Salsa has me drooling over here! My friend Emily from One Lovely Life is here today sharing an amazing, fresh, and healthy recipe. Take it away, Emily!
I love this time of year! Fresh starts, healthy food, and so many beautiful things to eat!
I can’t get enough of pomegranate these days. Knowing that the season winds down at the end of this month makes me all the more eager to fit in pomegranate any way I can. This season, I’ve been adding it to my favorite savory dishes (like this rice), and it’s been so fun to learn that it tastes just as good in savory dishes as it does in sweet ones. My latest favorite savory-sweet twist: Pomegranate Mango Salsa!
Salsa’s one of those things that’s great on a LOT of things besides just chips. I’m serious! A few examples…
- Super simple Blender Salsa is awesome over tostadas.
- Smoky Chipotle Tomatillo is great with scrambled eggs.
- Salsa Verde makes some seriously killer enchiladas or the base of a dynamite white chili.
- Spicy Mango Salsa can completely transform a burrito.
- Peach salsa at the height of summer makes for some amazing rice bowls with black beans and a little rice.
This Pomegranate Mango Salsa tastes as fabulous as it looks and–bonus–fits almost any dietary restriction (gluten free, dairy free, vegan, sugar free, paleo, even Whole30!). The little pomegranate arils look like little gems peeking out from between the creamy avocado and the sweet mango. Cilantro, salt, and a bit of lime juice really bring everything together, and man-oh-man… you’re going to find yourself eating little spoonfuls of the stuff.
As for what to serve it with… chips are always a good choice if you’re off to a potluck or bringing an appetizer to a party, but you could stir the whole lot into a batch of quinoa for a quick salad, or serve it spooned over Honey Lime Tilapia for an incredible dinner.
Craving more? Subscribe to Bless this Mess to get new recipes, meal plans, and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! If you try this recipe, let me know what you think! Leave a comment, pin it, and don’t forget to tag a picture #blessthismesseat on Instagram. I love to see your kitchen skills in action!Print
- 2 yellow mangos or 1 large red mango, diced (about 1 cup diced mango)
- 1–2 avocados, peel and pit removed, and diced
- 3/4–1 cup pomegranate seeds (about 1 pomegranate)
- 3–4 Tbsp minced cilantro
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- salt and pepper, to taste
- (optional: a bit of minced jalapeño, or 1 green onion, thinly sliced)
- The amounts here are loose guidelines. Let your tastebuds guide you. Want a lot of salsa? Go with the higher measurement for all the ingredients. Hate cilantro? Start small. Want a bit of kick? Add in a little jalapeño.
- Stir together all ingredients. Taste and add salt and pepper to taste. Serve within a few hours to prevent browning.
Author: One Lovely Life
What about you, readers? What are you eating this month to change things up?