Quick and easy Chex Mix made with conversation hearts, sprinkles and is perfect for Valentine’s Day.
- 8 cups Chex Cereal (corn or rice or a combo of the two)
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 2 cups small conversation hearts
- 2 cups large conversation hearts
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup salted butter
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 10 drops red food coloring
- 1/2 cup mini sugar heart sprinkles
- In a large bowl mix the Chex and conversation hearts together and set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat combine the sugar, corn syrup, and butter. Cook over medium heat until the mixture comes to a boil. Stirring often let the mixture boil for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the salt, vanilla, and food coloring. Pour the sugar mixture over the cereal mixture in the bowl and stir well until everything is evenly coated. Turn the mixture onto waxed paper and then sprinkle on the heart sprinkles before the coating cools. Let the Chex mix cool completely before enjoying.
The red food coloring is optional. It makes it pretty and pink but if that kind of thing isn’t for you just skip it!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stove-top
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 304
- Sugar: 19.5g
- Sodium: 338.6mg
- Fat: 18.5g
- Carbohydrates: 35.4g
- Protein: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 30.5mg
Keywords: Valentine's Day, Sweet Treat, Chex Mix, Dessert