Pineapple salsa has sweet, spicy, savory, and salty flavors all mixed into one magical dish. Serve it with chips or over your favorite Tex-Mex recipe.
- 1/2 a pineapple, cored, skin removed, and chopped (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper, any color
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeno finely diced, optional
- juice of one lime
- salt and pepper to taste (about 1/2 teaspoon of each)
- In a small bowl combine all ingredients and stir to combine. Adjust the salt and pepper to taste. Serve right away.
- This is excellent on fish tacos, on chips, and served over chicken breast.
- Category: Side
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 46
- Sugar: 8.3g
- Sodium: 2mg
- Fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrates: 11.9g
- Protein: 0.7g
Keywords: salsa, pineapple, Tex-mex