There are all kinds of ways to serve this pineapple salsa. We love it with chips (homemade baked tortilla chips are so good), and I love it on a chicken taco salad with grilled chicken, black beans, and avocado; it is also delicious on fish tacos, served over chicken breast with a side of rice, or on just about any other Tex-Mex creation you can think of.
Craving more? Subscribe to Bless this Mess to get new recipes, meal plans, and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! If you try this recipe, let me know what you think! Leave a comment, pin it, and don’t forget to tag a picture #blessthismesseat on Instagram. I love to see your kitchen skills in action!
- 1/2 a pineapple, cored, skin removed, and chopped (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper, any color
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeno finely diced, optional
- juice of one lime
- salt and pepper to taste (about 1/2 teaspoon of each)
- In a small bowl combine all ingredients and stir to combine. Adjust the salt and pepper to taste. Serve right away.
- This is excellent on fish tacos, on chips, and served over chicken breast.
Enjoy! Do you all eat fruit salsa? I’m planning on a peach one when our peaches are ready, but we are still a few weeks away from that here!