- 1 jar pasta sauce
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked according to the package directions
- pepperoni, about 48 slices
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and spread a small amount of pasta sauce in the bottom of a baking dish (pie plate, cake pan… doesn’t matter).
- Lay all of your lasagna noodles out on your cutting board or counter top. Spread around 2 tablespoons of sauce on each noodle, all over one side. Repeat with the other noodles. Sprinkle half the cheese on top of the sauce. Place four pepperonis on each noodle, on top of the cheese.
- Starting at one end of the noodle roll it up like a cinnamon roll or jelly roll. Place the rolled noodle in the baking dish with the end of the noodle on the bottom so they don’t flap open. Repeat with remaining noodles.
- Once all of the noodles are rolled up, use the rest of the sauce to cover the noodles. Top with the remaining cheese and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until everything is hot and bubble and the cheese is melted. Let the dish cool for 3-5 minutes before serving hot.
Take this dish up a notch in the healthy category by using whole wheat noodles, nitrate-free pepperoni, and homemade sauce. Here’s my favorite quick and easy sauce recipe.
2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 cloves garlic, 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes (extra points if you home can them) – In a small sauce pan cook the oil and garlic together over medium heat until the garlic starts to smell good. Add the tomatoes and simmer until it thickens a bit, about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. DONE! Really. Three ingredients and it tastes amazing! You can also toss in a big handful of baby spinach at the end of the cooking time for added goodness.