Rich and decadent Peanut Butter S’mores Bars made with a simple cookie-dough-graham-cracker crust, peanut butter, chocolate, and marshmallow creme.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 graham crackers, crushed into crumbs
- 1/2 to 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips (semi-sweet or milk)
- 1 7-ounce container Marshmallow Fluff
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9-inch square baking pan with foil (let the foil hang over all the edges so that you can use it to pull the bars out of the pan later), and grease the foil well.
- To make the dough, combine the butter and sugar in a large bowl, and beat until light in color and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla, and beat to combine. Add the flour, and stir until well combined. Stir in the graham cracker crumbs.
- Press 2/3 of the dough into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Spread peanut butter over the top of the dough, sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the peanut butter, and then carefully spread the whole container of Marshmallow Fluff over the chocolate. Then, gently press the remaining dough evenly over the Marshmallow Fluff.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until the crust starts to turn golden-brown. Remove from the oven, and allow the bars to cool for an hour in the pan.
- After an hour, use the edges of the foil to remove the bars from the pan. Let the bars cool on a wire rack (in the foil) out of the pan until set (this will take a couple of hours).
- To cut the bars, use a sharp knife, and clean it in between each cut. These are sticky! I had to stick my bars in the fridge for an hour before cutting.
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: s'mores, s'mores bars, dessert, chocolate, peanut butter