A dip in chocolate and some festive sprinkles turn year-round favorite peanut butter cookies into a delicious Christmas treat. We love making these Christmas Peanut Butter Cookies as a family! They're perfect for eating under the Christmas tree and leaving out for Santa with a little note.
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or coconut oil
- Christmas sprinkles
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, 3/4 cup brown sugar, and the granulated sugar together until the mixture is light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the egg, egg yolk, and peanut butter.
- Add the salt, flour and baking soda to the peanut butter mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Place the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar in a small bowl. Roll 1 tablespoon of dough into a ball and then roll it in the granulated sugar. Place the dough ball onto a parchment or baking mat lined baking sheet. SLIGHTLY compress with fork.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Remove from the baking sheet and let cool on a wire rack.
- When the cookies are cooled, melt the chocolate chips and oil together in a small bowl. Dip half the cookie in the chocolate, place on a lined baking sheet (waxed paper works great), and sprinkle with festive sprinkles. Let the chocolate set before serving or storing.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Christmas cookies, peanut butter cookies, easy peanut butter cookies, how to make peanut butter cookies, best peanut butter cookies, homemade peanut butter cookies