Easy, no-bake energy ball recipe perfect for snacks, lunch boxes & post-workout recovery. Tasty bites made with peanut butter, chocolate chips & oatmeal!
- 1 cup (dry) oatmeal (I like old fashioned)
- ⅔ cup toasted unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup ground flaxseed
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add everything to a medium bowl and mix to combine well. Stick the bowl in the fridge and let it chill for about half an hour. This resting time helps to ensure that the balls will stick together when rolled.
- After the chilling time, take a tablespoon of the mixture in your hand and roll into a ball. Repeat with remaining oat mixture. If your balls aren't sticking together after the resting period, you can add a little more honey or peanut butter, stir well, and try rolling again. Sometimes it just needs a little more of the wet ingredients to hold together well. And the moisture in the peanut butter will depend on the brand/type that you use.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or in the freezer much longer.
- If you'd like to add chia seeds, add 1-3 tablespoons depending on your preference.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Bowl
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: oatmeal energy balls, easy energy balls recipe, chocolate energy balls, peanut butter energy balls, energy bites recipe