A twist on classic oatmeal cookies - peanut butter chocolate chip oatmeal cookies. A combination of your three favorite cookies all rolled into one.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar (light or dark)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats (also called instant or minute oats)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips (or whatever chocolate chips you like)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- In a large bowl (or the bowl of your stand mixer), beat together the butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar, until the mixture is light and fluffy, about 5 minutes (using a hand mixer if you don't have a stand mixer is a good option).
- Add the two eggs and vanilla and mix to combine.
- Add the oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt to the bowl and mix to combine well.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir again to combine well.
- Let the mixture rest for 5 minutes and then stir again (this give the oats time to absorb some of the moisture giving you the correct cookie dough texture).
- Using a cookie scoop or two spoons, place the dough on the baking sheet, about 3 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes, until the edges are set and lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing from the sheet and placing on a wire rack to cool.
- Enjoy right away. Store extras in an air-tight container for up to a week or in the freezer for much longer.
- The milk chocolate chips are great in the recipe but feel free to use semi-sweet or even dark chocolate chips or chunks in this recipe if you prefer.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate chip, oatmeal cookie, peanut butter, cookie recipe, dessert, bake, chocolate chip cookie