- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cups butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a large bowl, beat the melted butter and sugars together with an electric mixer (or stand mixer) on medium speed until smooth and the color lightens, 1-2 minutes. Beat in the egg, yolk, and vanilla until combined.
- Reduce the speed to low and slowly add half the flour, the salt and baking soda, and then the second half of the flour. Mix in the chips until incorporated.
- Working with 2 tablespoons of dough at a time, roll them into a ball and place them on a cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake the cookies until the edges are set and beginning to brown but the middles are still soft and puffy, around 15 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to let cool completely.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cookies, chocolate chip, peanut butter, how to make cookies, peanut butter cookies, chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, homemade cookies