This Simple Italian Pasta Salad is made with tender pasta, olives, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, and a homemade balsamic vinegar and olive oil dressing.[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id="4BVqzT5V" upload-date="2019-10-29T02:21:30.000Z" name="Simple Italian Pasta Salad" description="Simple Italian Pasta Salad made with pasta, olives, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, and a simple balsamic vinegar and olive oil dressing." player-type="default" override-embed="default"]
- 2 cups small dry pasta (about 8 ounces)
- 1 cup halved Kalamata olives
- 1 cup chopped marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh basil and/or parsley (I like a combination of the two)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Cook the pasta according to package directions until it is cooked al dente. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Add the pasta to a medium mixing bowl. Add the olives, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, onion, and fresh herbs.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, garlic powder, and ½ teaspoon salt.
- Add the dressing to the pasta.
- Stir everything together until it is all well-coated. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve right away.
This is delicious with the addition of chickpeas or white beans, pepperoni or salami, and/or some feta cheese to push this from a side to a main dish.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Category: Side
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: italian pasta salad, easy italian pasta salad recipe, how to make pasta salad, best pasta salad recipe, cold pasta salad recipe, pasta salad recipe