This fresh, traditional pasta salad recipe is The Best Pasta Salad for a Party! It'll have all your guests coming back for seconds!
- 1 pound garden Rotini pasta, cooked al dente
- 1 can black olive
- 1 can ripe green olives (not the salty brined kind...Lindsey's brand is great)
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 1 pound Cabot Garlic and Herb Cheese or mozzarella cheese, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Lots of salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Combine the pasta, olives, tomato, cucumber, and cheese in a large bowl and stir to combine. In a small mason jar add the basil, olive oil, vinegar, and a heavy hand of salt and pepper. Put a lid on the jar and shake well to combine. Pour the mixture over the pasta and stir to combine. Taste and add more salt and pepper to taste (don't under salt, the pasta and veggies really need it to taste their best). Serve at room temperature right away.
- To make ahead, mix together the pasta through cheese and make the dressing in the mason jar, but keep pasta and dressing separate until you are ready to serve. Mix together just before serving.
- Store extras in the fridge in an air-tight container.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Large Bowl
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: best pasta salad recipe, best pasta salad, easy pasta salad, easy pasta salad recipe, homemade pasta salad, how to make pasta salad, healthy side dish