Baking bacon in the oven is the simplest way to make a large or small amount of crispy bacon! This easy bacon recipe comes out perfect every time.
- bacon, traditional cut and about 12 ounces per pan
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil (have the foil overhang the edges so that the grease doesn’t get onto your pan). Lay the bacon onto the foil in a single layer, if the edges of the raw bacon overlap a little, that’s OK.
- Put the bacon in the oven and cook for about 18-22 minutes. You want the bacon to be cooked through but not too dark. So keep an eye on it towards the end of baking. The actual baking time will depend on the thickness of your bacon.
- When the bacon is cooked, take it out of the oven. Remove the bacon from the pan and place it on a paper towel-lined plate to absorb extra grease.
- You can pour the extra grease in the pan into a heat-resistant container and save it for another use.
- Once the pan is cool, simply throw away the foil.
- Enjoy in your favorite recipes or eat as is.
- You don’t have to wait for your oven to preheat all of the way to start cooking your bacon, just FYI.
- Nutritional info is for 12 pieces of baked bacon
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: baking bacon, how to make bacon in the oven, baked bacon recipe, crispy bacon, how to make crispy bacon, baking bacon in the oven, oven baked bacon