This One Pot Coconut Chicken and Rice Recipe is the perfect quick and easy weeknight meal for your family! It's flavorful, delicious, and it makes for easy clean up!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, patted dry
- 1 medium onion, diced or grated
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 (15oz) can coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups rice, uncooked
- 1/2 cup unsweetened, finely shredded coconut
- 2 green onions, diced
- 2 limes
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper, to taste
- olive oil
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in an oven-safe Dutch oven or pan.
- Heat the Dutch oven to medium to medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over chicken.
- When the oil in the pan is hot brown the chicken in the oil for 3-4 minutes per side. Remove from the pan and set on a plate.
- Add the onion and ginger to the pan. Heat until tender and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Pour coconut milk and broth into the pan and stir to scrape up any browned bits.
- Add rice and stir to coat.
- Nestle the chicken into the rice mixture and sprinkle with coconut.
- Add a tight fitting lit to the pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or till rice is tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Sprinkle green onions and cilantro over all the rice and chicken, and then squeeze lime juice over everything.
- Serve right away.
- Delicious served with broccoli or green beans.
- Author: One Lovely Life, adapted from Tyler Florence
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: Serves 4
Keywords: one pot chicken and rice, chicken and rice recipe, easy chicken and rice recipe, best chicken and rice recipe, coconut chicken, coconut chicken recipe, one pot chicken recipe, easy chicken and rice