This Easy Skillet Pizza is crispy, cheesy and oh so delicious! Baked in a cast iron skillet, this pizza recipe has never made homemade pizza so easy to make.
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound pizza dough, room temperature
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Adjust the rack of your oven to the upper-middle position and preheat it to 500 degrees.
- Grease a 12-inch oven safe skillet (cast iron or stainless steel work well) with 2 tablespoons of oil (I like a little more oil, it makes the crust extra tasty).
- Place half of the dough on a lightly floured surface and roll it out to an 11-inch circle.
- Transfer the dough to the pan and use your finger to press it into shape.
- Add the half of the sauce, Parmesan, and mozzarella,
- Set the skillet on the burner of your stove over medium-high heat. Cook on the stove until the dough starts to set, the pizza is light and puffy, and the bottom of the crust starts to get spotty brown, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven to bake the pizza until the edges are brown and the cheese melted, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the hot skillet from the oven and slide it out onto a rack. Let the pizza cool for 5 minutes then slice and serve. Wipe out the skillet with a paper towel and let cool slightly, then repeat with the rest of the ingredients to make another pizza.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: skillet pizza, cast iron pizza skillet, pizza recipe, easy pizza, homemade pizza, how to make pizza, lunch idea, dinner recipe, cast iron recipe, cast iron skillet recipes