One Bowl Pumpkin Spice Muffins made with whole wheat flour, rolled oats, pumpkin puree, and all of your favorite fall spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- ½ cup quick cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup butter or coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 12-cup muffin tin well.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the whole wheat flour, rolled oats, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Use a whisk to stir well to combine.
- Add the pumpkin puree, butter or coconut oil, vanilla extract, and eggs. Stir until the mixture just comes together without over-stirring.
- Add the batter to the prepared pan. Bake for 22-26 minutes or until the muffins are cooked through in the center and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool for 10 minutes in the pan and then remove them from pan and let them finish cooling on a wire rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Store extras in an air-tight container.
- You can use all the batter and make 12 large muffins or you can fill the muffin tins 1/2 full and get closer to 18 muffins from this recipe. Bake smaller muffins for 15-18 minutes.
- You can swap out the cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves for 1 tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice. It’s delicious either way. Pumpkin pie spice normally has the addition of Allspice and ginger, both of which are delicious in this recipe.
- Category: Muffins
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin muffins recipe, oatmeal muffins recipe, healthy muffins, easy pumpkin recipes