This creamy, cheesy Bean Dip Recipe will rock your world! Savory beans, spicy cheese, little pops of sweet corn and crunchy peppers are served on blue corn tortilla chips. Eating the rainbow never tasted so good!
- 1 can refried beans (15 ounce)
- 1 cup fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup corn
- 6–8 ounces pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 cup finely diced bell peppers
- 1 cup diced avocado (one large)
- Food Should Taste Good Blue Corn Tortilla Chips
- In a medium bowl add the beans, diced tomatoes, and spices (chili powder through salt). Beat well with an electric mixer on high speed until the beans are light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Spread the bean mixture into the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish (or something similar).
- Stir the sour cream well with a spoon and then spread it over the bean mixture. Sprinkle the corn over the top of the sour cream, add the grated cheese, sprinkle the chopped bell pepper over the cheese, and then top with the diced avocado.
- Serve right away or refrigerate until ready. Serve with Food Should Taste Good Blue Corn Tortilla Chips.
If you don’t want this dish spicy, substitute a nice cheddar cheese for the pepper jack. If you like a little more spicy, add a chopped jalapeno in with the bell peppers. You can also add a little hot sauce to the beans before whipping them.
This recipe is very easy to double. Use a big can of refried beans (or 2 little ones) and use the whole can of diced fire roasted tomato, and double everything else. Put it all in a jelly roll pan to serve. I normally make this bigger batch to take to large parties.
If you happen to have leftovers store them in the fridge. I like to heat the leftover bean dip up and then serve it in a flour tortilla the next day for a delicious (and easy) bean burrito. Best leftovers ever.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: bean dip, bean dip recipe, how to make bean dip, easy bean dip recipe, easy appetizer recipe, healthy appetizer, easy dip recipe, dip recipe for chips