The famous Neiman Marcus cookie recipe made with ground oats, butter, and mini chocolate chips – sure to be a family favorite in no time.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups oatmeal (ground in blender)
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 ounces mini chocolate chips
- 1 – 8-ounce Hershey bar, grated
- Add the oats to the jar of your blender and blend until you make a powdery oat flour.
- Cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy using an electric or stand mixer on medium speed, about 5 minutes.
- Add eggs and vanilla, mix well to combine.
- Add the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and oatmeal flour. Mix well to combine.
- Fold in chocolate chips and the grated Hershey bar.
- Portion into balls using a small cookie scoop (about 2 teaspoons of dough).
- Bake 2 inches apart on a parchment lined baking sheet at 350 for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Move the cookies from the baking sheet and allow to cool on a wire rack. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Measure out the oats first and then grind them into flour and use all of the flour it creates.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cookie recipes, neiman marcus cookies, chocolate chip cookie recipe, christmas cookies