This Loaded Nacho Supreme Chili is awesome! Sausage, beans, rice, cheese, and all kinds of other goodness all in one bowl served with chips and your favorite nacho toppings. It's like eating nachos with a spoon.
- 2 large onions, diced
- 2 bell peppers (any color), diced
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 1 cup rice
- 4 cups water
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes with green chilis, undrained
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes with cilantro and lime juice, undrained
- 2 15-ounce cans pinto beans, washed and rinsed
- 2 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Tortilla chips
- Optional for serving: sour cream, pickled jalapenos, chopped green onions, additional shredded cheese, avocado
- In a large stock pot add the onions, bell peppers, and sausage. Cook over medium high heat until the sausage is cooked through and the peppers and onions are soft, about 10 minutes. Add the rice and saute for an additional 1 minute.
- Add the water and tomatoes and stir to combine. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring often, until the rice is cooked through, about 20 minutes. Add the beans and spices and stir to combine. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the cheese until melted.
- Serve with chips and anything else you might like.
This makes a big batch, so feel free to cut it in half. The left overs make excellent filling for burritos and enchiladas FYI. Store any leftover in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stove-Top
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 280
- Sugar: 3.6g
- Sodium: 705.9mg
- Fat: 11.9g
- Carbohydrates: 27.5g
- Protein: 16.3g
- Cholesterol: 46.6mg
Keywords: Chili, Nachos, Sausage, Beans