This recipe for delicious healthy moist carroty muffin (AKA Morning Glory Muffins) was a hit.
- 2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 8 Tablespoons butter, (one stick) melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and grated (about 2 cups)
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple well drained and pressed dry with paper towels
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grease a 12-cup muffin tin and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the flour, soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the sugar, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
- Gently fold the wet ingredient into the flour mixture. Add the carrots, pineapple, and coconut and fold together until just combine. Do not over mix.
- Add 1/3 cup of the batter to each muffin cup. Bake the muffins until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out with just a few moist crumbs attached, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Let the muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes and then flip them out onto a wire rack and let them cook for at least 10 minutes before serving.
- You can add what you like to these muffins! They are great with dried fruit, nuts, and seeds! I love adding a few teaspoons or orange zest too.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 281
- Sugar: 24.8g
- Sodium: 398.4mg
- Fat: 10.9g
- Carbohydrates: 43g
- Protein: 5.3g
- Cholesterol: 66.9mg
Keywords: Healthy, Muffins, Meal Prep, Breakfast, morning glory muffins, how to make morning glory muffins, morning glory muffin recipe, easy muffins, healthy muffin recipe