This recipe for delicious healthy moist carroty muffin or otherwise know as Morning Glory Muffins are a hit.
Morning Glory Muffins
It’s been a few weeks since I got my copy of King Arthur Flour Whole Grain Baking book. I’ve whipped up a bunch of the recipes and have been really enjoying learning some new things about baking with whole grains.
I wanted to make something tasty and simple for a friend who just had a new baby and these were perfect. They are a healthy, sweet, no-fuss treat that can be enjoyed anytime (including in the middle of the night when Mom is awake with a new baby!). The fun part is you can add just about anything.
I told my kids these were bunny muffins (because of all the carrots) and they thought that was really funny. So whether you are making these for a quick and healthy breakfast on the go, for a great snack, or to celebrate Easter, you can’t go wrong with Morning Glory Muffins.
And don’t forget, you can a win a copy of the cookbook for your very own. The details are at the bottom of the post.
Tips and Tricks for making Morning Glory Muffins:
- The original recipe had lots of nuts, raisins, wheat germ, apples, and other great things in it. I didn’t have those on hand so I just skipped them.
- One great thing about this muffin is once you have the base you can swap in and out some of the “extras”.
What to do if muffins are undercooked?
Put them back into the oven for 3-5 minutes. Then insert a toothpick into the center of one muffin. If the toothpick comes out clean, they are done.
How do you keep muffins moist?
In order to keep muffins as moist as possible, I let the muffins cool completely before storing them in an airtight container or Ziploc. This seems to do the trick.
This recipe for delicious healthy moist carroty muffin (AKA Morning Glory Muffins) was a hit.
- 2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 8 Tablespoons butter, (one stick) melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and grated (about 2 cups)
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple well drained and pressed dry with paper towels
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grease a 12-cup muffin tin and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the flour, soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the sugar, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
- Gently fold the wet ingredient into the flour mixture. Add the carrots, pineapple, and coconut and fold together until just combine. Do not over mix.
- Add 1/3 cup of the batter to each muffin cup. Bake the muffins until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out with just a few moist crumbs attached, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Let the muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes and then flip them out onto a wire rack and let them cook for at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 281
- Sugar: 24.8g
- Sodium: 398.4mg
- Fat: 10.9g
- Carbohydrates: 43g
- Protein: 5.3g
- Cholesterol: 66.9mg
Keywords: Healthy, Muffins, Meal Prep, Breakfast
It’s the last day to enter to win a copy of King Arthur Flour Whole Grain Baking of your own! Just use the widget below and you’ll be set.
Check out these other muffin/bread recipes:
- Blueberry Lemon Muffins
- Homemade Cornbread Muffins
- Healthy Carrot Cake Muffins
- Pineapple Zucchini Muffins
- Easy & Healthy Banana Muffins Made in the Blender
- Healthy Apple Cinnamon Muffins (Made in the Blender!)
- One Bowl Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- Healthy Pumpkin Blender Muffins
- Blueberry Muffins with Crumb Topping
- Cheddar Bacon Corn Muffins
- Monkey Bread Muffins
Thanks for stopping in I know you are going to love this recipe for delicious healthy moist carroty muffin AKA Morning Glory Muffins.
Disclosure: King Arthur Flour is providing the prize for the giveaway and doing the shipping. They sent me the book and 2 bags of flour in the mail to work on this post with. I wasn’t paid to post or for my gushing, I just really like them, and you will too!