Mini pumpkin pie is just like a traditional pie, but so little you can eat it like a cookie. These adorable little desserts are easy to make too.
- your favorite pie crust*
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoons allspice
- 1 can pumpkin puree (16 ounce can)
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 large egg
- Sweetened whipped cream, optional
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Roll out pie dough on a lightly floured surface until it’s about 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut out circles slightly larger than your mini pie pans. I do this by placing a pan upside down on top of the dough and cutting it 1/2 inch wider all around the pan.
- Flip the pan over and place the dough inside of the pan. Line the pie pans with pie crust pushing dough into all the corners and bends.
- Trim off any excess dough with a sharp knife.
- Repeat with remaining dough and pans.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, salt, cinnamon, allspice, and pumpkin puree. Stir to combine.
- Add the egg and mix well to combine.
- Stir in evaporated milk.
- Place all of the prepared mini pie shells on a baking sheet.
- Use a small measuring cup to pour the pumpkin mixture into prepared pie shells. Fill the shell 1/4 inch from the top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted into the middle of a mini pie comes out clean.
- Allow the pies to cool for at least 30 minutes before removing them from the tart pan. You can serve these warm or at room temperature.
- Serve with a swirl of whipped cream on top if you’d like (you can put the whipped cream in a pastry bag with a large piping tip and pipe it onto the mini pies if you’d like).
- *You’ll need one pie crust (a single pie crust) for this recipe. You can make your favorite pie crust recipe from scratch or buy a pre-made pie crust from the store that comes rolled up (don’t get the kind that’s already shaped in a pie pan).
- This is my favorite pie crust recipe, it’s easy to make and easy to work with.
- You can use a tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice in place of the cinnamon and all spice if you prefer.
- These are the mini pie pans or tart pans that I used. They are fun to have around and my kids often make little things in them while I’m baking.
- You can use canned whipped cream, homemade whipped cream pipped out like icing, or you can just serve the whipped cream next to the pie and people can put a little on themselves.
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mini pumpkin pie, mini pumpkin pie recipe, mini pumpkin tart, mini pumpkin tart recipe, homemade pumpkin pie