This Meatless Monday Baked Macaroni is the perfect family dinner idea for busy weeknights! This vegetarian and dairy-free dish is super delicious and flavorful!
- medium potato, peeled and chopped (about 1.5 cups chopped potato)
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped (about 1/2 cup chopped carrot)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 1 cup Silk Cashew Milk
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- breadcrumbs, optional
- In a medium saucepan add the potato, carrot, and onion. Add enough water to just cover the vegetables. Bring the water to a boil and let the veggies simmer until fork tender, about 15 minutes.
- While the veggies cook, cook the macaroni according to the packaged directions until cooked al’dente.
- When the vegetable are soft, drain the water. Add the cooked vegetables, cashew milk, and spiced to the jar of a high power blender or food processor and process until very smooth, about 1 minute.
- Add the vegetable puree to the cooked noodles and stir to combine. You can eat them now or you can put the mixture into a greased baking dish, sprinkle with bread crumbs, and bake until the breadcrumbs brown and the macaroni and sauce are bubble, about 15 minutes.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: baked macaroni recipe, baked macaroni, how to make macaroni, easy pasta dish, best pasta dish, best pasta recipe, easy pasta recipe, baked pasta recipe