Homemade meatballs recipe made with ground beef, bread crumbs, and just a few other simple ingredients that come together to make one delicious, flavor-filled meatball.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and line a rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper (to make clean up easier).
- Combine all the meatball ingredients into a large bowl and stir well to combine. It works well to use your hands to do the combining if you don’t mind a bit of a mess.
- Make balls out of the meat (slightly smaller than a golf ball, about 2 large tablespoons of meat) and roll them around in your hand to shape them or use a large cookie scoop to scoop the meat into balls.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium to medium high heat. Working in batches, add the meatballs to the skillet so they are close together but not touching.
- When the meatballs start to brown on the bottom, turn them so that they brown on all sides (4 or 5 turns per meatball). Remove from the skillet and place on your lined baking sheet.
- Repeat with any remaining meatballs.
- Place browned meatballs in the hot oven for 20-30 minutes or until the centers are no longer pink and the meat registers 165 degrees on an instant-read thermometer.
- Serve over noodles with your favorite sauce, add them to a sandwich, or anything else you like to do with meatballs.
- You can add a 1/2 cup of finely shredded Parmesan to this recipe if you like; it’s delicious.
- You can make the meatballs ahead of time and keep them in the fridge for up to 4 days or in the freezer for much longer.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: meatball recipe, homemade meatball recipe, how to make meatballs, spaghetti and meatballs, beef meatballs