Maple Candied Pecans are the easiest snack recipe EVER! Made with just two ingredients, pecans and maple syrup, you can have these delicious nuts out of the pan in 15 minutes. Candied pecans made on the stovetop are such a sweet treat.
- 2 cups shelled pecans (I like whole pecans)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- In a heavy bottomed skillet or pan, heat the pecans and maple syrup over low to medium-low heat, stirring continuously. The maple syrup will start to bubble and you'll see the extra moisture evaporating. Keep cooking and stirring until all of the extra moisture has evaporated and the maple sure starts to crystallize and stick to the nuts. This should take 5-8 minutes. Make sure you stir the whole time so that you don't burn the nuts.
- When the moisture is all gone turn the nuts out onto a baking mat or a piece of parchment (or waxed) paper and let the nuts cool. Enjoy just as they are or add to your favorite salads, trail mix, granola, popcorn, or dessert.
- You can add spices to this at the beginning of the cooking time if you like spiced candied nuts (like cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice!).
- The sugar in the maple syrup will crystalize and you'll see the little chunks of it sticking to the nuts right before they are done.
- You can also add a little salt to these in the beginning, I like a little salt to my sweet nuts.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Category: Snack
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: Makes 2 cups
Keywords: maple candied pecan recipe, candied pecan recipe, pecan recipe, candied nut recipes, easy snack recipe, maple syrup candy recipe, cooking with pecans