Vibrant, bright flavors come together in my Mango Salsa. Made with red bell pepper, cucumber, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, and of course, the star of this show: fresh mango!
- 2 ripe mangos
- 1/2 of a cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 of a small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped, optional
- Juice of one lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To cut the mango, remove the skin like you are peeling a potato with a knife.
- Once the skin is removed, slice off hunks of the flesh to gradually remove the seed in the middle. Chop all of the chunks to bite-sized pieces.
- Combine the mango with the rest of the ingredients in a medium sized bowl. All ingredients should be measured to taste.
- Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld. Enjoy!
- This is so flexible! Want it hot? Add more jalapeno! Love cilantro or lime? Double them! Make this recipe your own. Just don't be shy with the salt--it really makes it come together.
- This salsa is great over grilled fish or on fish tacos.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Category: Condiment
- Method: Assemble
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mango salsa, mango salsa recipe, easy mango salsa recipe, how to make salsa, homemade salsa