Vibrant, bright flavors come together in my Mango Salsa. Made with red bell pepper, cucumber, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, and of course, the star of this show: fresh mango!
- 2 ripe mangos
- 1/2 of a cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 of a small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped, optional
- Juice of one lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To cut the mango, remove the skin like you are peeling a potato with a knife.
- Once the skin is removed, slice off hunks of the flesh to gradually remove the seed in the middle. Chop all of the chunks to bite-sized pieces.
- Combine the mango with the rest of the ingredients in a medium sized bowl. All ingredients should be measured to taste.
- Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld. Enjoy!
- This is so flexible! Want it hot? Add more jalapeno! Love cilantro or lime? Double them! Make this recipe your own. Just don’t be shy with the salt–it really makes it come together.
- This salsa is great over grilled fish or on fish tacos.
- Category: Condiment
- Method: Assemble
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mango salsa, mango salsa recipe, easy mango salsa recipe, how to make salsa, homemade salsa