A low-fat, easy chocolate icing recipe perfect for cupcakes and cakes.
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 7 tablespoons one-percent milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ounce bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine the powdered sugar and cocoa together in the food processor and pulse a few times to combine. Add the milk, butter, melted chocolate, and vanilla, and pocess untill smooth.
I don’t recommend measuring out the milk over the hole in the top of the food processor… you might get a little crazy and spill some extra milk in which will make your icing too thin. This may or may not have happened to me 😉
I used dutch processed cocoa powder and would recommend it. You can use traditional but your icing won’t be as dark as mine.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: food processor icing, chocolate icing recipe, easy chocolate frosting recipe