Simple Italian Pasta Salad made with pasta, olives, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, and a simple balsamic vinegar and olive oil dressing. This summer salad recipe is an easy pasta dish, and a favorite at barbecues!
- 2 cups small dry pasta (about 8 ounces)
- 1 cup halved Kalamata olives
- 1 cup chopped marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh basil and/or parsley (I like a combination of the two)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Cook the pasta according to package directions until it is cooked al dente. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Add the pasta to a medium mixing bowl. Add the olives, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, onion, and fresh herbs.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, garlic powder, and ½ teaspoon salt.
- Add the dressing to the pasta.
- Stir everything together until it is all well-coated. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve right away.
This is delicious with the addition of chickpeas or white beans, pepperoni or salami, and/or some feta cheese to push this from a side to a main dish.
- Category: Side
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: italian pasta salad, easy italian pasta salad recipe, how to make italian pasta salad, best italian pasta salad recipe, italian pasta salad recipe, summer pasta salad recipes, best cookout side dish recipes