Instant Pot pulled pork is the most tender, saucy barbecue pulled pork with a tangy and rich BBQ sauce that's perfect for pulled pork sandwiches!
- 2.5 to 3 pounds pork tenderloin or roast
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup beef or chicken broth
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- Buns and additional barbecue sauce for serving
- Cut your pork into 2- to 3-inch cubes.
- In a small bowl, add the brown sugar, smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine well.
- Rub the seasoning mix evenly all over the cut up pork.
- Add the seasoned pork to insert of your Instant Pot.
- In a medium bowl, combine the broth, barbecue sauce, and vinegar. Stir to combine well.
- Pour the broth mixture over the pork in the Instant Pot, and stir gently to incorporate well.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, and set the valve to sealing.
- Select pressure cook and a 45 minutes cook time (high pressure).
- After the cook time has finished, let the pot rest at natural pressure release for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, carefully flip the valve to release any extra steam and pressure (quick pressure release).
- When you can, carefully remove the lid from the Instant Pot.
- Use two forks to shred the pork. Stir the shredded pork well so that it absorbs more juice in the pot.
- The pork will be very saucy; use a slotted spoon to serve.
- Serve the hot pulled pork on buns with additional barbecue sauce to taste.
- I like to use pork tenderloin for this recipe because it's lean and shreds easily. Feel free to use your preferred cut of pork. Pork tenderloin normally comes with two 1.5-pound roasts in one package. I like to cut each long, thin roast into 8 pieces and use both roasts that came in the package for this recipe. I just use the back of a fork to push the pieces against the side of the pot after cooking, and it falls apart.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Instant Pot Pulled Pork recipe, bbq pulled pork, pulled pork sandwiches, how to make pulled pork