Quick and easy Instant Pot Cheese Potato Soup that is loaded with cheese, potatoes, corn, and bacon. A cold weather favorite!
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 cups russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 3 oz cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Select the “Browning/Sauté” option on the pressure cooking pot and melt butter in the pot. Add onion and sauté until tender.
- Stir in 1 can of chicken broth, parsley, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Put a steamer basket in the pressure cooking pot. Add the potatoes to the steamer basket.
- Lock the lid in place. Select “High Pressure” and 4 minutes cook time.
- When cook time ends, turn off the pressure cooker. After 5 minutes, do the quick release.
- Open the lid and remove the steamer basket from the cooking pot.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and cold water.
- Select the “Simmer/Sauté” option and add the cornstarch slurry to the pot.
- Stir constantly until the soup thickens.
- Stir in the cream cheese and cheddar cheese until melted.
- Stir in the last can of chicken broth, half-and-half, corn, bacon, and cooked potatoes and heat through.
- Serve hot.
- This recipe is really flexible. If you’d like to omit the corn and add something like green beans or broccoli you can. I often use what I have around and it always turns out great.
- This recipe is from my friend Barbara’s cookbook The Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook and I highly recommend buying the book. It’s amazing.
- Category: main dish
- Method: instant pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: instant pot potato soup, potato soup recipe, instant pot cheese potato soup, instant pot potato soup recipe, how to make soup in instant pot, instant pot soup recipe