An Instant Pot Potato Salad recipe that only has a 5 minute cook time! The eggs cook right along with the potatoes – plus there’s a secret ingredient! Potato salad is the ideal side dish for a good burger, or it can stand alone – you choose!
- 8 cups peeled and cubed potatoes, about 9 medium potatoes
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup mayonaise
- 3 tablespoons dill pickle juice
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup chopped dill pickles
- 1 teaspoon dijion or yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- additional salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and prepare your potatoes. You should cube them into small bite-sized pieces, 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch across.
- Add one cup of water to the insert of your Instant Pot. Place the prepared potatoes in a steamer basket that is Instant Pot safe and place the steamer and potatoes inside the Instant Pot insert. Place the 6 eggs on top of the diced potatoes.
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot and set the valve to seal. Select Pressure Cook, High Pressure, and choose a 5 minute cook time.
- When the cook time has finished, use the quick pressure release. When the valve drops, carefully open the lid to your instant pot. Use tongs to remove the eggs and set them aside. Carefully remove the steamer basket of potatoes from the Instant Pot and set it inside a large bowl.
- Dump the potatoes into the large bowl and let them cool about 15 minutes. They can be warm but you don’t want them to be steaming hot.
- When the potatoes have cooled a bit, add the mayo, pickle juice, onions, chopped dill pickles, mustard, salt, pepper, dill and sugar. Stir well to combine.
- Peel and chop the eggs and stir to combine.
- Adjust the salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
- I tried this with red potatoes and did not peel them, and it worked great, too.
- Category: Side
- Method: Crockpot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: instant pot potato salad recipe, crockpot potato salad recipe, how to make potato salad, homemade potato salad recipe, the best potato salad recipe, potato salad recipe with pickles