Flavorful Cilantro Lime Rice made in the Instant Pot with loads of bright lime and cilantro flavor. Done in less than 30 minutes! This is the perfect side dish for all things dinner, as the base for rice bowls, and is great in tacos and enchiladas.
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2 cup uncooked rice (I like long grain or Jasmine.)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 to 2 teaspoon lime zest (I do at least 2 and sometimes a little more… I love zest.)
- 2 cups chicken broth (or water + bullion)
- 4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- Add the oil to the bowl of your Instant Pot. Use a small pastry brush to brush the oil all over the bottom of the pot. This will keep the rice from sticking.
- Add the rice, garlic, lime zest, and chicken broth to the Instant Pot.
- Put on the lid, set the valve to sealing, and select Pressure Cook with a 4-minute cook time.
- Allow the pressure cooker to come to pressure, start the cook time, and after the 4 minute cook time, let it stay at pressure (natural pressure release) for 18 minutes.
- After 18 minutes, release the pressure. Carefully remove the lid when the pressure and valve have dropped.
- In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, sugar, and cilantro.
- When the rice is done, fluff it with a fork, and then pour the lime juice mixture over hot cooked rice.
- Stir to combine, and serve hot.
- This is an easy recipe to scale up if you need to.
- I use brown rice for this recipe often and love it. Cook it for 15 minutes instead of 4, and let it come to natural pressure release for 20 minutes instead of 18. I also bump up the water by 1/2 cup and adjust my seasonings. I normally need a little more sugar with the brown rice, too.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 4 min
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: instant pot rice, cilantro lime rice recipe, how to make cilantro lime rice, best cilantro lime rice