Instant Pot Chipotle Chicken Taco Meat is made with just a few simple ingredients, but it packs a ton of flavor and is done in about 25 minutes!
- 1.5 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs or chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons chipotle sauce
- 1 cup prepared mild salsa
- Add the chicken to the insert of your instant pot.
- Sprinkle the salt, cumin, and garlic powder over the chicken. Add the chipotle sauce and the salsa.
- Use tongs to combine and mix the ingredients well, covering the chicken on all sides.
- Lock the lid in place, make sure the vent is set to seal, and select high pressure and 15 minute cook time.
- When the cooking time ends, use the quick pressure release. When the valve drops, remove the lid carefully.
- Use tongs to remove the chicken and place in a shallow dish or bowl and shred it.
- While you are shredding the chicken, turn the instant pot to the saute setting and allow the remaining liquid in the pot to come to a boil.
- Let the liquid simmer for around 5 minutes, until it starts to thicken.
- Add the shredded chicken back to the pot, turn off the Instant Pot, and stir to combine well.
- Serve with your favorite taco toppings, in a salad, on nachos, in enchiladas, or however you like best.
- You can make this in the slow cooker by combining all the ingredients together and letting them cook on low for 5-6 hours until the chicken is tender and ready to be shredded.
- My tiny store carries the chipotle sauce, so I think it will be easy for you to find. It’s delicious!
- I prefer to use boneless skinless chicken thighs for this recipe because I think they stay more tender and moist. It did work great with chicken breast too, though, so use what you have on hand.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: chipotle chicken recipe, taco chicken recipe, taco meat recipe, best taco meat recipe, easy taco chicken recipe, best taco chicken recipe, healthy instant pot chicken recipe, best instant pot chicken recipe, easy chicken dinner recipe, easy chicken dinner