Thick and creamy Instant Pot chicken and wild rice soup is a hearty one pot soup that is quick and easy to make with common kitchen ingredients! And you'll love that it only has a 5 minute cook time.
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 large chicken breasts, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cans (14.5 fluid oz. each) chicken broth
- 1 pkg. (6 oz) Uncle Ben’s Long-Grain and WIld Rice (discard seasoning packet)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- dash red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoon cold water
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup half-and-half
- Select “Browning/Sauté” option on your electric pressure cooker.
- Melt butter in the pot. Add the onion, carrots, and celery. Sauté until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken, chicken broth, rice, parsley, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Lock the lid, place the valve to the sealing position, and select the “High Pressure” option and 5 minutes cook time. When the cook time ends, turn off the pressure cooker. After 5 minutes, do the quick pressure release.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and cold water. Select the “Simmer/Sauté” and add the slurry to the pot, stirring constantly. Add cream cheese and stir until melted.
- Stir in milk and half-and-half.
- Heat through, without boiling, and serve.
- Feel free to sub the Uncle Bens rice with 3/4 of a cup of brown rice or another rice mix that you have on hand.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Category: main dish
- Method: instant pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: instant pot chicken and wild rice soup, chicken and wild rice, chicken and wild rice soup, chicken and rice, chicken and rice soup