You will love this trick for how to cook spaghetti squash in the Instant Pot for the fastest (and easiest) spaghetti squash recipe ever.
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (2 to 2.5 pounds)
- 1 cup water
- Wash off the outside of your spaghetti squash, and prick it a few times with a fork so that the steam can penetrate the skin.
- Place the squash in a steamer basket that fits your pressure cooker or on the trivet, and then add 1 cup of water to the bottom of the pot.
- Close the lid, move the gasket to "sealing" and press "pressure cook." Set the cook time to 15 minutes (high pressure), and let the machine do its thing.
- When the 15 minutes has passed, do a manual pressure release.
- When the pressure comes down and you can remove the lid, do so carefully.
- Carefully remove the squash from the Instant Pot, and cut it from top to bottom (stem to blossom end). Use a spoon to scrape the seeds from the squash.
- Use a fork to scrape the flesh to shred it into spaghetti. Use as you like.
- To decrease the cook time - cut the squash in half (through the middle, not top to bottom, so that you have two "bowls"). Scrape out the seeds and discard. Place the two halves in the Instant Pot with the water on a trivet, and cook for 7 minutes, quick pressure release. Use as you like.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Category: side
- Method: Instant Pot, pressure cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: spaghetti squash, spaghetti squash recipe, instant pot, side, vegetable, low carb, healthy