If you’re wondering how to cook asparagus you’ll love this simple recipe for classic roasted asparagus. Big on flavor and easy on prep!
- 1 pound asparagus, tough ends trimmed off
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh lemon juice, optional
- Adjust the oven rack so that is it 6 inches from the broiler/heating element of your stove. Turn on the broiler and let the oven heat. Toss the asparagus in oil and then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Lay the spears out in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Let the asparagus broil for around 10 minutes until they are tender and just a little browned. Sprinkle with lemon juice before serving.
Choose slender asparagus that is no larger than a pencil. The fatter the asparagus the more woody in texture it’ll be. The tips should also be closed tight and a bright color.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: how to cook asparagus, easy roasted asparagus recipe, simple asparagus recipe