How to make sautéed asparagus with butter & garlic on the stove top in less than 15 min! This easy sautéed asparagus recipe makes tender & crisp asparagus.[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id="kEr0SSlj" upload-date="2019-09-14T01:53:59.000Z" name="Stovetop Asparagus" description="How to cook asparagus with butter and garlic on the stove top in less than 15 minutes! This easy asparagus recipe makes tender, crisp asparagus that goes well with everything." player-type="default" override-embed="default"]
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 1-2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 heaping teaspoon)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the asparagus by washing them and trimming 1-2 inches off the bottom, depending on how tough the bottoms are.
- Heat butter or olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- When butter is melted, add garlic and give it a quick stir to combine.
- Add the prepared asparagus. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender (5-9 minutes depending on how big the spears are).
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve right away.
- All of the asparagus stalks need to be touching the bottom of the pan. Don't crowd them or have more than one layer. If your pan doesn't allow this, cook them in batches as needed.
- A sprinkle of freshly grated Parmesan over the top of the cooked asparagus is excellent.
- Not a fan of garlic? Cut it down by half or omit it all together.
- Prep Time: 3 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Category: Side
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: asparagus, butter, garlic, how to cook asparagus on the stovetop, how to cook asparagus, sauteed asparagus, easy asparagus recipe