The best method for how to bake a sweet potato to get soft and sweet insides and a skin that’s easy to remove.
- 1 to 5 large or medium sweet potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Wash and scrub your potatoes clean.
- Cut the pointy end off of each potato with a sharp knife, removing about 1/2 inch on each end.
- Place potatoes directly on a baking rack set inside a baking sheet, and place it in the oven.
- Bake until the center of the potato reaches between 205 and 212 degrees F. This will be roughly 45 to 55 minutes, depending on the size of the potatoes.
- Remove from the oven, and let the potatoes cool a few minutes so that you can handle them.
- Cut slit along the top, and serve with your favorite toppings. Or remove the skin from the sweet potatoes (they will slide off very easily), and mash the potatoes before serving.
- If I need sweet potatoes for another recipe, this is my favorite way to cook them. It makes them ultra sweet and the skin comes over very easily.
- Category: side
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sweet potato, how to bake a potato, roasted vegetable, vegetable, side, bake, roast, baked sweet potato, how long to bake a sweet potato