Easy homemade hot cocoa mix made with a few simple ingredients like powdered sugar, powdered milk, and cocoa powder that’s perfect to mix with hot water or milk for homemade hot chocolate.
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 1/2 cups powdered milk
- 1 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- Add all the ingredients to a large bowl and stir with a wire whisk to combine.
- Store in a large air-tight container in the pantry – it will keep for a long time.
- When ready to use, add 2 to 3 tablespoons of hot cocoa mix to 8 ounce of hot water or milk. Add more mix to taste. Stir well to combine.
- Use a dutch-processed cocoa here to help make sure the cocoa isn’t bitter.
- This recipe makes a great gift when given in a pretty container or with a set of mugs.
- The salt balances the sweet and the cornstarch makes the texture smoother – don’t skip them.
- Category: drink
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: hot cocoa, hot chocolate, drink, quick and easy, chocolate