Honey Pecan Slice-and-Bake Cookies are easy to make with honey, pecans, and butter. Just roll, slice, bake and enjoy!
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 1 egg
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- Combine honey, sugar, butter, and egg and beat until smooth.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add flour mixture to cream mixture.
- Stir in pecans.
- Working with 1/3 of the dough at a time, shape into a log, 2 inches in diameter.
- Wrap the log in plastic wrap and chill for at least an hour or overnight.
- Cut into 1/4 of an inch thin slices and bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes. Cookies should be lightly browned at the edges. Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire baking rack.
- See notes for storage and freezing instructions.
- This is an old family recipe from Ivy Burke Clark.
- Use good honey. Super cheap honey can be bitter and that will be reflected in the cookies.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: slice and bake cookies, honey cookies recipe, pecan cookies recipe, easy butter cookie recipe, best cookie recipe, best cookie recipes, Christmas cookie idea