You will love this 30 minute meal of Honey Glazed Chicken Skewers. Fire up the grill!
For the Chicken Skewers
- 1 can of lemon-lime soda
- 1-2 pounds of chicken breast
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, washed and stems removed
For the Glaze
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons steak seasoning (I like the Montreal Steak Seasoning)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a shallow bowl or pan with a lid, add the chicken. Cover the chicken with the lemon-lime soda and stick it in the fridge to marinade for 2 to 8 hours.
- Prep the vegetables. When you are ready to make your skewers remove the chicken from the fridge and cut it into 1 inch chunks. Assemble the skewers by threading the chicken and vegetables onto metal or soaked wooden skewers. Lay them on a plate or cookie sheet with sides while you make the rest of the skewers
- To make the honey glaze, add everything to a pint mason jar, add the lid, and shake to combine.
- Preheat the grill to high and let it warm up for 2 or 3 minutes. Brush the first coat of the glaze on to the skewers while the are sitting on the pan or plate. Flip them over and brush the other side with the glaze so they are totally covered in glaze before they even get to the grill.
- Add the skewers to the grill and grill on each side for about 6 minutes, cooking 12 minutes total, or until the chicken is cooked through and reaches 165 degrees on an instant-read thermometer. Brush the skewers with more glaze every 2 or 3 minutes.
- When the chicken is cooked through remove the skewers from the grill and place them on a clean plate. Let them rest for 2-3 minutes before serving hot.
- Prep Time: 2 Hours
- Cook Time: 20-30 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 457
- Sugar: 43.2g
- Sodium: 643.6mg
- Fat: 17.6g
- Carbohydrates: 51g
- Protein: 29g
- Cholesterol: 82.7mg
Keywords: Grill, Chicken, Honey Glazed, Skewers, Summer Meal, 30 minute meal