This easy homemade veggie pizza is a delicious way to incorporate bright, fresh veggies into a meal that tastes decadent! The homemade pizza crust is everything and comes together quickly, too.
For the Pizza Dough:
- 1 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 to 3 1/2 cups all-purpose or bread flour
For the Pizza:
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet bell peppers
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped black olives
- 1/3 cup chopped roma tomato
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or parsley, optional
To make the dough:
- In a large mixing bowl, add the water, yeast, sugar, salt, and olive oil. Allow mixture to stand for 5 minutes.
- Add one cup of flour, and mix to combine. Mix by hand for 1 or 2 minutes. The dough should be the consistency of cake batter.
- Add another cup of flour, and mix until well combined. Add flour in small increments until you can’t mix it by hand very well.
- Sprinkle some flour on your table, and turn the dough onto the table. Knead the dough by hand until it is smooth and elastic, adding flour as needed. This should take 6 to 10 minutes of kneading. You can also do this part in a stand mixer if you have one.
- Place the dough back in the bowl, cover it with a towel, and let it rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
To make the pizza:
- While the dough is rising, preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- When the oven is hot, turn your dough out onto a parchment paper-lined or baking mat-lined large baking sheet. Use your fingers or a small rolling pin to shape the pizza into a round or square pizza, about 12 inches across. The dough should be about a 1/2-inch thick.
- Top with pizza sauce and then the shredded mozzarella. Add the mushrooms, bell pepper, onion, olives, and tomatoes.
- When the pizza is assembled, place the pizza in the oven until the cheese is bubbly and the bottom of the crust is golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle the pizza with chopped basil and/or parsley if using.
- Let the pizza rest for 5 minutes before cutting and serving hot.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: homemade veggie pizza, veggie pizza, easy vegetable pizza, veggie pizza toppings, dinner idea