The smoky, earthy flavors of this Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix meld to make a heavenly addition to any Mexican-style dish, plus it’s a fantastic gift!
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- In a small bowl or in a 2 cup (1 pint) mason jar, add all of the ingredients. Whisk to combine well, or add a lid and give it a shake.
- Store in mason jar, or transfer to another container with a lid.
- Use like you do store-bought taco seasoning.
- 2 tablespoons of homemade taco seasoning is about the equivalent of one packet of taco seasoning mix.
- Adjust salt and spices to your liking.
- Stores for a very long time, and makes a fun gift to give.
- New to smoked paprika? It’s a HUGE favorite of mine, and that smokiness that it brings really elevates the seasoning mix.
- You can omit the salt if needed and then just salt dishes to your liking when cooking.
- Category: pantry staple
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: American, Tex-Mex, Mexican
Keywords: taco seasoning, homemade taco seasoning, tacos