Mixing up a batch of Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix is such a simple way to elevate salads, toss together a quick chip and dip plate, or give a personal (and tasty) gift for holidays, hosts, or housewarmings.
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried dill weed
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- In a small bowl or in a 2-cup (1 pint) mason jar, add all of the ingredients. Whisk to combine well, or add a lid and give it a shake.
- Store in mason jar, or transfer to another container with a lid.
- Use like you do store-bought ranch dressing mix.
- About 2 tablespoons of homemade ranch dressing mix is the equivalent of one packet.
- Adjust salt and spices to your liking.
- Stores for a very long time and makes a fun gift to give.
To make ranch dressing or ranch dip:
- Add 1/2 cup mayo and a 1/2 cup sour cream to a small bowl. Add 1 tablespoon ranch seasoning mix and stir to combine. This will make a thick dip. Add enough milk or buttermilk to reach desired dip consistency or to thin it enough to make ranch dressing.
- You can omit the salt if needed and adjust the salt once you make the recipe, dip, or salad dressing if you like.
- Feel free to adjust the seasoning to taste. I love the dill, so I always add a little more than called for in the recipe.
- Category: condiment
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: ranch dressing mix, ranch, ranch dip, homemade mix